Looking on the common power intake in the UK can give you an indication of wherein your enterprise falls on the average gasoline and electricity utilization scale, supporting you evaluate your strength consumption and cost to the ones of different UK companies.
Of path, your common electricity intake depends on some of variables, inclusive of:
– The electric appliances and equipment used – intensity and length
– The time of day, week and 12 months
– The size of your commercial enterprise
– The nature of your business and the relative quantity of strength required to run it
For the functions of this business electricity intake comparison, we’re going to wreck down the common commercial enterprise energy intake by using the dimensions of the enterprise:
Having an concept of the way a lot strength organizations of a comparable size are spending on electricity enables your commercial enterprise perceive in case you are using too much power – or being charged an excessive amount of for it!
FYI – Comparing UK strength tariffs to the rest of Europe, the United Kingdom falls somewhere across the center.
Average strength consumption
Relative to length, right here are the predicted common commercial enterprise strength intake figures for enterprises inside the UK:
– Micro: 5 000 – 15 000 kWh according to 12 months, with a mean annual electricity fee of £1 349
– Small: 15 000 – 30 000 kWh per yr, with a median annual power value of £2 566
– Medium: 30 000 – 50 000 kWh in keeping with year, with a mean annual power cost of £four 208
Average fuel consumption
Relative to size, right here are the predicted average commercial enterprise electricity consumption figures for establishments within the UK:
– Micro: five 000 – 15 000 kWh per 12 months, with an average annual gasoline bill of £516
– Small: 15 000 – 30 000 kWh in line with year, with a mean annual gasoline invoice of £965
– Medium: 30 000 – 50 000 kWh in keeping with yr, with a mean annual gasoline invoice of £1 502